Licence to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website, except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter).
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including, without limitation, scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.
Access to certain areas of our website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If you generate a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that the password is kept confidential.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person’s user ID and password to access our website, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
We may disable your user ID and password at any time in our sole discretion with or without notice or explanation.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to our website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon our website.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Limitations and exclusions of liability
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Exclusion of third party rights
Law and jurisdiction
Registrations and authorisations
We are registered with CIPRO. You can find the online version of the register at www.cipro.gov.za. Our registration number is 2000/020380/23.
The full name of our close corporation is Paddocks Publishing CC, trading as Paddocks. We are registered in South Africa under registration number 2000/020380/23.
Our registered address is 10 Park Road, Rondebosch, 7700, Cape Town.
You can contact us by email to email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
A COOKIE IS A FILE CONTAINING AN IDENTIFIER (A STRING OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS) THAT IS SENT BY A WEB SERVER TO A WEB BROWSER AND IS STORED BY THE BROWSER. THE IDENTIFIER IS THEN SENT BACK TO THE SERVER EACH TIME THE BROWSER REQUESTS A PAGE FROM THE SERVER. THIS ENABLES THE WEB SERVER TO IDENTIFY AND TRACK THE WEB BROWSER.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security; We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.
OUR ADVERTISERS/PAYMENT SERVICES PROVIDERS MAY ALSO SEND YOU COOKIES.
MOST BROWSERS ALLOW YOU TO REJECT ALL COOKIES, WHILST SOME BROWSERS ALLOW YOU TO REJECT JUST THIRD PARTY COOKIES. FOR EXAMPLE, IN INTERNET EXPLORER (VERSION 9) YOU CAN REFUSE ALL COOKIES BY CLICKING “TOOLS”, “INTERNET OPTIONS”, “PRIVACY”, AND SELECTING “BLOCK ALL COOKIES” USING THE SLIDING SELECTOR. BLOCKING ALL COOKIES WILL, HOWEVER, HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT UPON THE USABILITY OF MANY WEBSITES, INCLUDING THIS ONE.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service);
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password [and other login details] confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at R150.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Paddocks eBooks are offered for purchase and download as ePub files that can be used on a wide variety of computers systems and digital devices. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have the operating systems and software needed to access the ePub files.
Paddocks reserves all its copyright to the eBooks and all other digital information it makes available on its websites and in its publications. Purchasers of Paddocks eBooks are entitled to download their purchase three times and operate the eBook on a maximum of two computers or other devices. Purchasers may not give any other person a copy or any other form of access to their Paddocks eBook and they may not upload it to a server or any other platform from which it can be accessed by other persons.
Purchasers of Paddocks eBooks are entitled to copy and use limited extracts from these publications for their own personal research, study or other purposes, but they may not copy entire chapters or substantial parts of the publication, print the eBooks and they may not use these extracts for commercial gain.
The prices of Paddocks courses, workshops, hardcopy and eBooks and any other other goods and services are as listed on the Paddocks website from time to time, and may be changed with immediate effect. These prices are subject to an any coupons, discounts or special offers which apply on specified conditions. Paddocks eBooks, once purchased, cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged and Paddocks will not make available print copies of any eBooks (although it may offer a printed edition of a book dealing with the same or a similar content).
The content of Paddocks eBooks are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Paddocks disclaims all warranties, express or implied. Paddocks does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials on its sites or in its eBooks.