POSITION TITLE: Attorney / Specialist Sectional Title Consultant
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
CONTRACT PERIOD (TYPE): Permanent
PERFORMANCE REVIEW PERIOD: 6 months
START DATE: 1 March 2019
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 18 January 2019
Purpose of the position
The primary role of the “Attorney / Specialist Sectional Title Consultant” is to deal with client consulting in regard to sectional title and other types of community scheme management issues. This will include telephonic and face to face consultations, written opinions and concise letters, as well as CSOS adjudications and representations. Secondary roles include participating as an expert on Paddocks Club, creating marketing content such as articles and videos on a regular basis, as well as attending various seminars, talks, meetings etc. Lastly the role requires you to assist EXCO, as well as colleagues with various ad hoc projects from time to time.
- Manage new and existing private consulting clients. This includes liaising with clients via email, telephone and face to face. Occasional travelling may be required.
- Conduct telephonic consultations to Paddocks clients that are generated through Marketing efforts and organically.
- Consult with and represent clients at CSOS and in court proceedings when necessary.
- Write written opinions for Paddocks clients.
- Consult face-to-face with Paddocks clients internally and externally.
- Attend and chair client meetings when requested.
- Market Paddocks and oneself through various means, such as – but not limited to, phone calls, emails and workshops, in order to generate work and raise individual profile.
- Write articles and create videos for publications to raise personal and Paddocks profile.
- Attend and host talks or seminars, to promote Paddocks consulting and other services.
- When requested, give presentations at workshops (internal or external).
- Train and mentor relevant team members in Sectional Title and HOA when needed.
- Assist on Paddocks Club when necessary.
- When requested, assist on Paddocks’ short course discussion forums.
- Legal qualification.
- Minimum 2 years post admission work experience.
- Admission as an attorney.
- Admission as a Conveyancer and Notary will be an advantage.
- Previous experience as a Managing Agent will be an advantage.
- A high level of confidence, professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work well in a small team environment.
- Ability to form and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Ability to manage own time effectively by setting priorities and productive time planning.
If you have not heard back from us by 25 January 2019 regarding your application, please consider it unsuccessful. For further information, please email Deborah on firstname.lastname@example.org.