POSITION TITLE: Head of Consulting
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
CONTRACT PERIOD (TYPE): Permanent
PERFORMANCE REVIEW PERIOD: 6 months
START DATE: As soon as possible
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 18 January 2019
Purpose of the position
Paddocks offers legal consulting services to the owners and executives in community schemes, primarily sectional title development and home owners’ associations. The issues involve a wide variety of financial, administrative and physical problems and disputes. The consultants give advice in person, telephonically and in writing to clients throughout South Africa, primarily those in the major urban areas. The Head of Consulting will, working with the Receptionist, accounts department and the consultants, supervise and administer all client requests, quotations, instruction of consultants, delivery of work product and general management of the product line. In addition the Head of Consulting will perform ad hoc tasks and run projects in the course of new product development.
The Head of Consulting is expected to work with Paddocks staff and clients to promote the consulting work, client relationships and to generate and implement new ideas.
- Understand, operate and, where appropriate, suggest changes to the consulting department systems and processes.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of consultants and their services generally, through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between different departments within the business.
- Assist and support the Receptionist with client management via the telephone, email or face-to-face and when required assume overall responsibility for the role.
- Maintain STO (Sectional Titles Online) platform internally and act as a support for clients, as well as feedback to EXCO within team meetings.
- Regular meetings with CFO around planning and workload management.
- Drive initiatives and new business ideas that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Create weekly reports (where relevant) to feedback to the Paddocks team detailing the progress of all products and services as well as the action plan for the following weeks.
- Create and manage ad hoc projects, as well as assume responsibility for any ad-hoc projects as delegated by any member of EXCO.
- Participate in continuous personal and team development training.
- Degree or diploma in paralegal studies.
- Minimum 2 years work experience.
- Experience in the managing agency industry advantageous.
- A high level of confidence, professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
If you have not heard back from us by 25 January 2019 regarding your application, please consider it unsuccessful. For further information, please email Deborah on firstname.lastname@example.org.